Peruvian Adventure: Feb 7th to Mar 1st, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013

02/25 - back to Cusco

So, we took the morning train back to Ollantaytambo. Jim got very sick just before we left the train station, and he was miserable the whole ride. I paid s./0.50 to use the bathroom at Ollantaytambo, then we hired a mini-bus (s./15 each) back to Cusco.

Jim waited at our travel-lady's office, feeling very ill, while I walked around looking for a nice place. I got us a room at Hostal Pascana, on the same alley as our last hotel. It was a beautiful place, but it turned out there was no TV. Jim was too sick to need one, anyway. It was very early afternoon when we checked in, so, after Jim crawled into bed, I walked out in search of lunch. It took me a while to find a place I liked: Bar Cusco, on a small plaza, where I ate outside. The weather was gorgeous, and I had a leisurely, very filling meal: appetizer, soup, main dish, and drink for s./15. I got one to-go for Jim. He nibbled on it a little later that night, and then continued sleeping. He was feeling somewhat better in the morning, thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment