Peruvian Adventure: Feb 7th to Mar 1st, 2013

Thursday, February 7, 2013

02/07 - Departure for Peru

 
Our flight (LAN 2609) departed SFO at 11:45am. It was 9 hours to Lima, during which time we were served two impressive meals, with the main dish in ceramic and the wine in glass. I took a gorgeous photo of sunset over the Pacific; plane wing in the foreground. These two internet photos remind me of it... but mine was better. The colors were much brighter and more dramatic. It was a drastic rainbow horizon, dividing completely black sky and sea. I will try not to mourn my photos in every post. But that is one that I particularly deeply regret losing.

I had a window seat (27L), on what I would describe as the passenger side of the plane. We had pillows, blankets, and personal TV monitors. It was quite pleasant. I watched "How to Train your Dragon," which I had already seen, but it's still adorable. I also watched "Seven Psychopaths." I did not know that a chunk of it takes place in Joshua Tree. [I was just there in January.]

No comments:

Post a Comment